Reviews of Proof of Me:
- Review of Proof of Me in The New York Times (May 17,2022)
- Review of Proof of Me in Southern Review of Books (June 14, 2022)
- Review of Proof of Me in Heavy Feather Review (May 27, 2022)
- Review of Proof of Me and Interview in IndyWeek (May 11, 2022)
- Review of Proof of Me in Midwest Book Review (April 2022)
- Review of Proof of Me by A Girl Named Tommi (April 2022)
- Review of Proof of Me in the Austin American-Statesman (February 19, 2022)
Essays and Articles
- Electric Literature ran my novel and short story recommendations (August 5, 2022)
- Publishers Weekly let me yarn on about Author’s Photos (July 1, 2022)
- Largehearted Boy shares my carefully culled playlist for Proof of Me!
- Hypertext: One Question Interview and excerpt from “Selvage” in Proof of Me (March 23, 2022)
- Essay in Writer’s Digest (Almost) Everything I Learned about Writing Fiction I learned in the Newspapers (March 23, 2022)
- “On Keeping A Broom,” an essay in The Little Patuxent Review, February 2022
- Jill McCorkle and I chat about fiction! Moderated by Cat Parnell of BirchBark Editing
- Online with fellow writers Kate Hanson Foster, Cate Marvin, Leslie Kirk Campbell, and Michael Milligan at the Prospect Street Readers series on Tuesday, February 22, hosted by the ever-fabulous V. Hansmann. Here’s the recording on Facebook Live
- Make Your Own Fun host Eric Lawson Asks me about fiction, artwork, and my most fabulous Disco Ball! (January 21,2022).
- ” How Do You Know When a Story is Done? How Veteran Writers Assess Their Work” Interview by Kevin Binder, in Phoebe Journal, September 2020
- “How Long Does it Take to Write a Short Story?” Interview by Kevin Binder, in Phoebe Journal, August 2020
- London Independent Story Prize interview (semifinalist) with Ozge Gozturk, for “Why My Mother is No Longer a Hairdresser”
- Bath Flash Fiction Award interview with Jude Higgins about Sugar Mountain (May 2020)
- Belt It Out, podcast reading and interview hosted by Steven LaFond (May 2020)
- Carve Magazine, Interview with Anna Zumbahlen (Fall, 2019)
- Monday Must Read, interview with Mary Carroll-Hackett (June 2015)
- One Bike, One Year, Interview with Devi Lockwood (January 2015)
- American Short Fiction, interview with Nate Brown (2014)
- London Independent Story Prize (LISP), interview with Ozge Gozturk (2018)
- Smokelong Quarterly, interview with Jen Brown (2014)
- Smokelong Quarterly, interview with Marty D. Ison (2005)
Readings and Past Events:
• At 6pm, Thursday, March 24, Proof of Me was launched at the Philadelphia Center for Architecture and Design, 1218 Arch Street.
• On Saturday, April 2, I was on a panel with fellow contemporary fiction writers Joe Pace and Courtney Sender, and moderator Katie Adams, at the Exeter, NH LitFest. A free, annual event at the old Exeter Town Hall.
• On Tuesday, April 12, 7pm, the Class of 1945 Library at Phillips Exeter Academy will host a reading with Exeter faculty Todd Hearon, Alex Myers, and Erica Plouffe Lazure in the Actor’s Lab at Goel Theater.
On Tuesday, April 19, at 7pm, BirchBark Editing will host both Jill McCorkle and me for its InConversation (online) series. (link takes you to the registration/zoom site)
• On Thursday, April 28, at 6:30pm, the Jacob Edwards Memorial Library in Southbridge, Massachusetts hosted a reading for me.
• On Sunday, May 15, at 4pm, The Word Barn in Exeter, NH hosted a reading for poets Kate Hanson Foster, Lilly Greenberg, and me
• Ad Hoc Press Reading for Sugar Mountain on Saturday, November 29, 2020 at 1:30pm EST (7:30pm GMT).